Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Shopping Woes

Boy and I went to Super Wal-Mart today. He desperately needed to pick up the World Poker Tour on DVD and I had been promising M.E. that I would buy some toilet paper for work. I think that store must be strategically designed to get you lost and make you forget what it was that you needed. I know those big aisle markers are supposed to help and all, but come on, who calls it "bath tissue"? Then they stash it in the total opposite corner from all the other bathroom supplies--way back with the orange juice and cheese. I guess that makes a fair amount of twisted sense, but personally I think it's done so you have to walk by all those other things you forgot that you needed--like tootsie rolls and onesies. Anyway, at one point, Boy and I got separated and when I found him again, he was pointing gape-mouthed toward a display. When I fixed my eyes on the object of his attention, I saw shelves of hydrocortisone cream with a handwritten sign reading, "GOT RASH?". Beautiful.

So, sometimes getting separated from your shopping partner in the jungles of Wal-Mart is a good thing...but one time Fella and I got separated in the old Wal-Mart and missed the bus twice and his brother had to come pick us up because the Corsica was out of order and WOW...It's the closest I'd ever seen him come to being downright angry. Fear the Red Fury...that's all I'm sayin'...Incidentally...Boy never did find his DVD...and does anyone know where the heck they hide the non-Chapstick chapstick in that store?

No comments: