Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Thwarted Plans

So my friend K. and I were supposed to go to see Lord of the Dance tonight but all the "cheap" ($25) tickets were sold out. Somehow we just couldn't justify spending $40 + to see and hear the magic that is an army of Irish limbs flailing in unison. Maybe if Lord Flatley himself were the flailer. He's the real McCoy...or should I say O'Coy? Anyway, I can always take solace in the fact that American Idol IV premieres tonight. And as for my dancing fix, Boy, #1 Sister and I did go to see Shall We Dance at the cheapseats last week...

#1 Sister and I signed up to take a digital filmmaking class but it was cancelled for lack of interest ('though not on our part, it should be noted). In an attempt to make up for our loss, Boy and I went to the library and checked out a whole lotta books on the subject. So far it's just not the same--'though I am getting rather in to this 1960's knit/crochet design book that I found...Soon I will translate my book knowledge into designing some sweet costumes for the Bargain Barbies I bought at the Goodwill today. For the record, #1 Sister and I are collecting fake Barbies for our eventual film project, which somehow doesn't seem to help in the case against my nerdiness. Ah well...


No comments: