Monday, January 31, 2005

Wallowing

I had a breakfast date with a newfound friend this morning. He stood me up and left this note in his place: Got [up] early, left to meet destiny. I'll stop by on way back through...C. I'm going to miss him. Thanks for the memories, C. Be safe.

On a similar note, here's a conversation Boy and I had today:

(talking about a "hot ticket")
Boy: I wish I weren't just a lukewarm ticket.
Me: You're not a lukewarm ticket!
Boy: Yes I am.
Me: At least you're a ticket. I'm just a bus station.
Boy: What?
Me: People come and go but they never stay.
Boy: At least they come. I'm an abandoned train station. People stop by to point and laugh.
Me: No. People go to abandoned train stations for adventuring. You never know what you'll find.

Well, that's enough self pity for now. I'm going to drown my sorrows in some Arby's, courtesy of Tot. Life is good.

No comments: