Monday, May 23, 2005

Golden Boys

Well, here I am after a loong weekend at work. This time around it felt sort of like living with the Golden Girls...if they were 15 years older, male and temporarily made single by the fact that their wives were in the hospital. On Friday night, I got trapped in the office when two of the Golden Boys entered a lively kitchen table discussion on life, or the disappearance thereof. Sitting there, trying not to listen too closely, a poem fell off my pen. (I prefer to call it a song that I can't sing). It goes a little something like this...

I came upon a table set
By someone else's fate
And two old friends
At two dead ends
For whom time wouldn't wait...

It is much longer of course, but I'll spare you since I was in there for hours. It was strangely fun, though. One of the old men (the uncomfortably frisky one...I guess that'd be Blanche) said that if he had it to do over again, he'd never marry. Then, when he went to check out of his room, he asked if I could (help) make the bed for him. Does anyone else see the irony in that? Well, it made me chuckle. And of course I made the bed...after he was safely gone. Well, that's the life and times of ed...and this makes it all worthwhile!

3 comments:

majamom said...

Hi Ed,
Really neat blog. I found you doing my 10 minute "blog hop". Its a fun past time when the house is asleep and mom(me) has a few golden minutes before its time to hit the hay. Hey stop by anytime and say hi.
Peace,
MB

Lance Fisher said...

Hey ed, that's cool with random people stopping by and leaving comments. I had that happen once, and that is super cool about the Missoulian article.

erin said...

Aww...Thanks guys for helping to fuel my blog addiction :]