Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Movie Night

Day Two: We will miss...$4 movie night at the Wilma...even if one of us should've gotten in free...



Tonight I went with Tot and Twin to see Born into Brothels at our pretty (if rundown) Wilma theater. I almost didn't go because I was being a lazyhead and it seemed like it could be a downer. I am sooo glad I went! That movie was so...well...moving. I don't usually cry at movies (unless I'm by myself and feeling sappy), but I just fell in love with those kids. It breaks my heart to think of all the opportunities I take for granted (and waste) that they would probably give an arm for. It inspired me to the point of desperation. I also love the fact that the filmmaker set out to document a horrible life but refused to leave it the way she found it. Isn't that the way it should be? I want to leave my piece of the world better than when I found it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

just passin thru checkin out different blogs--kept clicking "next blog"---
great picture!
heres an awesome site- check it out.
http://www.goodfight.org/exposesnames.htm

Lance Fisher said...

That is a great pic, ed, and so is your new profile pic.

I've been dying to see that movie! Is it in the big theater, or the little one with the chairs on the side?