Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Trying to Run

I suppose it's just the nature of my work or perhaps the nature of me, but in my life, it seems that people come and go but seldom stay. You may remember this post, where I likened my life to a bus station. I have to say that I tend to resent this, and more often than not, take it personally. You start to wonder if there's something wrong with you--if you chase people away. In any case, I am learning to see that life is a path we walk along (or rather, a race we run) and that sometimes we are just blessed to have others share a little piece of the road with us. Until now, I guess I viewed life as a rollercoaster and I would try to pick one friend to be stuck with in all the ups and downs. The trouble with this is that roller coasters don't really go anywhere. And lets face it, a lifetime of carnival rides? No wonder I always felt a little queasy at heart. My personal challenge is to love every person who comes along, but not hold on so tightly that I keep them (and myself) from the race.

On that note, I'd just like to mention that I did receive an answer to the Letter to a Long Lost Friend. I love that kid. I wish I could keep him in my life forever but I know he's got to get on. I suppose that I do too. I'm just so lucky that he walked beside me for a moment. I hope our paths will cross again--next time under happier circumstances. Take care, K-Bar. If the road ever gets too long or lonely, just yell my name. I'll find you.

No comments: